A while ago, while wasting time on the internet, I stumbled across The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap page. I was instantly going to do it, even though my best friend suggested I might get poisoned cookies. But I LOVE cookies and I was willing to risk it for three packages of cookies in the mail. The premise is this: you sign up, you pick a cookie recipe you haven’t blogged before, you make 3 dozen, you mail them to your assigned matches, you sit back and wait for your three packages to roll in.
Sounds easy, right? I immediately started freaking out about what cookies to make. All of my best recipes are already on my blog. I wanted to impress . . . it was worse than picking out a first day of school outfit.
I settled on Ghirardelli Peppermint Chocolate Cookies. It was the recipe on the back of a coupon I had for Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark. Classy, right? The cookies are super duper chocolatly and the peppermint bark is a nice addition, but it doesn’t overwhelm the cookie.
I shipped my cookies to My Kitchen Kreations to You, Being the Secret Ingredient and A Couple in the Kitchen. I received beautifully individually packaged cookies from A Taste of Koko, white chocolate chip and craisin cookies from Ice Cream Meets Bowl and chocolate chip cookies with salted caramel from Living with a Boy . Thank you so much to all three, the cookies were wonderful.
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- 8 ounces 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Chipes
- 2 Peppermint Baking Bars, 3.5 oz.
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teasp. baking powder
- Melt butter and chocolate together until smooth (use a double boiler or if you’re brave, the microwave) set aside to cool slightly
- Beat eggs and sugar together, add chocolate mixture. Mix flour and baking powder in separate bowl, mix into chocolate mixture.
- Chop peppermint bark, stir into batter
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.